Trip Planner: USA / District of Columbia / Washington DC / Lafayette Square Tour of Scandal, Assassination & Intrigue
Our tours take place in Washington, D.C.--Lafayette Square, Capitol Hill, Georgetown, et al.--Alexandria, Virginia, and other historic sites such as Civil War battlefields in Antietam, Maryland. The tours last about 2 hours, and typically cost $15 per person.Make Lafayette Square Tour of Scandal, Assassination & Intrigue a centerpiece of your Washington DC vacation itinerary, and find what else is worth visiting using our Washington DC travel planner.
Lafayette Square--White House, Andrew Jackson statue, Stephen Decatur House, slave annex, Dolley Madison House, St. John's Church, Frederick Douglass bank, Lafayette statue, Blair-Lee House, Renwick Gallery, Treasury Dept., Eisenhower Executive Office Building...Learn about: The assassination attempt on a President-one block from the White House!…The war-hero congressman who murdered his wife’s lover…The tragic suicide of the wife of America’s most esteemed author…The brutal stabbing of a Secretary of State…The ruthless spy who lost the U.S. Army a major battle…The scandal that caused the entire presidential Cabinet to resign!..And much more! And it all happened in Lafayette Square, across from the White House in Washington, D.C.
This tour starts and ends at the Andrew Jackson statue.
Old Town Alexandria, Virginia--the Torpedo Factory, the John Carlisle mansion, the Stabler-Ledbetter pharmacy museum, Lawrence Washington's House, George Washington's town house, Founder's Park, the City Hall, the John Wise tavern, Gadsby's Museum and restaurant, Christ Church, Robert E. Lee's boyhood home, the Lee-Fendall House, the old cotton mill, the Presbyterian Meeting House.
This tour typically starts at the Torpedo Factory and ends at Christ Church.
Capitol Hill--the Supreme Court, the House of Representatives, the Senate, the Library of Congress, the 9/11 memorial, the Anne Frank memorial, the Peace Memorial, the President Garfield statue, the Inauguration steps, the Ulysses S. Grant memorial, the Frederick Law Olmstead grotto, the Sullivan Brothers memorial, the hidden cornerstone of the Capitol...
This tour starts at the Supreme Court Building and ends at the Ulysses S. Grant memorial.
Your host is a former presidential speechwriter and former writer for “The Tonight Show”, a licensed tour operator, and the author of the books, “America from A to Z” (http://www.amazon.com/Patriots-America-Things-American-Should/dp/1596525495), “The Politically Correct Guide to American History”, and “Foundering Fathers: What Jefferson, Franklin, and Abigail Adams Saw in Modern D.C.!” (http://www.amazon.com/Foundering-Fathers-Jefferson-Franklin-Abigail/dp/0615739881)
What We Do--"Walking history seminars": walking group tours of the most historic venues in Washington, D.C., Alexandria, Virginia, and other towns.
Where We Go--We tour historic, atmospheric neighborhoods and sites such as Lafayette Square, the Capitol Building grounds, Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria, the Navy Yard area, and the Antietam Civil War battlefield.
Price--$15, payable at the tour. Approximate time: 2 hours minutes. RSVP to: savvyveteran at gmail dot com. Tours are both regularly scheduled, and given on demand.
Great for school kids, company team building, & tour groups!
• Lafayette Square and White House Area Tour of Scandal, Assassination, & Intrigue
• Lafayette Square Tour of the Civil War
• Lafayette Square Tour of the Life of Thomas Jefferson
• Lafayette Square Tour of Andrew Jackson
• Lafayette Square Tour of the Presidents
• Lafayette Square Tour of the Presidents at War
• Lafayette Square Tour of African-American History
• Lafayette Square Tour of Southern History
• Lafayette Square Tour of Famed Females
• Lafayette Square Tour of Famous French-Americans
• Lafayette Square Tour of Famous Irish-Americans
• Lafayette Square Tour of the War of 1812’s British Invasion & Burning of D.C.
• Lafayette Square Tour of Military History
• Lafayette Square Tour of Abraham Lincoln
• Lafayette Square Tour of Deadly Duels
• Lafayette Square Ghosts and Murders Tour
• Lafayette Square Children’s Tour
• White House Area Tour of the First World War
• Downtown D.C. Tour of the Lincoln Assassination
• Downtown D.C. Tour of the Civil War
• Downtown D.C. Tour of Presidential Assassinations
• National Portrait Gallery Tour: The Stories Behind the Portraits
• National Portrait Gallery Civil War Tour: The War-Time Stories Behind the Portraits
• D.C. Tour of Famous German-Americans
• Tour of Historic Foggy Bottom D.C.
• Hidden History of the National Mall Tour: Capitol to Washington Monument
• Hidden History of the National Mall Tour: Washington Monument to Lincoln Memorial
• National Mall Tour and Lecture on the Second World War
• Tour of the Air and Space Museum
• Capitol Hill to Ford’s Theater Deluxe Tour of the Civil War
• Lafayette Square to Capitol Hill Grand Tour of the Civil War
• Tour of Eastern Market, Barracks Row, & Navy Yard History
• Capitol Hill Grounds Tour of Scandal, Murder, & Spies
• Capitol Hill Grounds Tour of the Civil War
• Congressional Cemetery History Tour
• Old Town Alexandria, Virginia History Tour
• Old Town Alexandria, Virginia Tour of Military History
• Old Town Alexandria, Virginia Tour of George Washington & the American Revolution
• Old Town Alexandria, Virginia Tour of African-American History
• Old Town Alexandria, Virginia Tour of “Mercy Street” and the Civil War
• Old Town Alexandria, Virginia Ghost Tour
• Georgetown History Tour
• Georgetown Tour of the Civil War
• Tour of Annapolis, Maryland
• Tour of First and Second Manassas (Bull Run), Virginia Civil War Battlefields
• Tour of Downtown Fredericksburg Virginia & Civil War Battlefield
• Tour of Antietam, Maryland Civil War Battlefield
• Tour of Gettysburg Battlefield
• Tour of Monticello, University of Virginia, & Charlottesville
• Tour of Lower & Mid-town Manhattan & Brooklyn
• Tour of Boston, Massachusetts
• Tour of Nashville & Memphis
• Tour of New Orleans
• Tour of Ancient Greece & Sicily
• Tour of Rome, Florence & Venice
• Tour of Berlin, Munich & Salzburg
• Tour of Prague and Vienna
• Tour of Normandy & the D-Day Beaches
• Tour of Paris, Brussels, & Bruges
• Tour of London, Oxford, & Cambridge
• Tour of Copenhagen, Oslo & Stockholm
• Tour of Cambodia & Laos
Lafayette Square Tour of Scandal, Assassination & Intrigue Reviews
The tour was well worth the time and money. Ed was friendly and knowledgeable and lively. The pace of the tour (it was on bike) was just about right. Not too fast and not too slow. I learned a lot tha... more »
Ed is a captivating and charismatic storyteller. He truly knows the history and wants to share it with the group. The majority of the group were DC metro locals, after work and during the DC heatwave ... more »
Build a planTell us where and when you
want to go, we will build
the best sightseeing itinerary
Refine itYou have complete flexibility on your destinations and itinerary
Book as a packageUse our travel agents to get
package savings and hassle free booking
Enjoy your trip!Enjoy our 24x7
View all >
Hidden gems in Washington DC
View all >
Side trips from Washington DC
View all >©©©©
Duration: 2h 30min
Plans in Washington DC by other users
6 days in Washington DC BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES November, popular sights PREFERENCES: November ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 28 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM July, popular sights PREFERENCES: July ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 34 days in United States BY A USER FROM TURKEY November, popular sights PREFERENCES: November ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 17 days in New York City & Washington DC BY A USER FROM PERU December, popular sights PREFERENCES: December ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 16 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED ARAB EMIRATES March, popular sights PREFERENCES: March ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 31 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM July, popular sights PREFERENCES: July ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium