SAVE OUR MARSHPut Edmonds Marsh and other Edmonds attractions into our Edmonds trip builder app, and watch your holiday take shape.
Concerned citizens of Edmonds formed the “Save Our Marsh” group to prevent continued degradation of the Edmonds Marsh and to restore and enhance its ecological functions.
Our vision is to have a healthy, functioning saltwater marsh freely connected to Puget Sound that can again support migrating salmon and provide juvenile rearing habitat to help in the recovery and delisting of Chinook salmon from the Federal Endangered Species Act.
Our vision includes having the Edmonds Marsh surrounded by dense native shrubs and trees that extend far enough landward from the marsh to support diverse and abundant species of birds and other wildlife. A properly functioning Edmonds Marsh will also contribute to the health of Puget Sound.The Edmonds Marsh is a rare urban saltwater marsh that provides essential habitat for numerous birds and wildlife.
Save Our Marsh members want it preserved for its ecological, educational, cultural, and scientific values, and for the enjoyment of present and future generations. To do this, we will:
1. Prevent development from encroaching further on the Marsh by strengthening the Edmonds City Development Code to preserve and enhance the Marsh, and revising the Municipal Code to designate the Edmonds Marsh as a wildlife sanctuary.
2. Restore and enhance the Marsh, including undeveloped historic marsh lands, to more natural ecological conditions. This includes the completion of the “Willow Creek Daylighting Project” to allow salmon access to the Marsh and unimpeded tidal exchange with Puget Sound.
3. Foster use of “Best Available Science" in all decisions and actions that affect the Marsh. Environmental science tells us that a 110 to 300-foot buffer is required to ensure long-term ecological viability, and that the buffer should be densely vegetated with native plants.
4. Improve water and sediment quality in the Marsh to enable the return of healthy salmon runs and contribute to the health and recovery of Puget Sound.
5. Promote the use of the Marsh and adjacent areas for educational, cultural, and scientific programs; birdwatching and wildlife viewing; and environmental outreach.
Save Our Marsh members will advocate for and be the human voice for this unique estuarine wetland and its wildlife. We will engage the City (whose citizens own the Marsh), owners of adjacent property, governing entities, elected officials, and the community in our efforts to preserve and enhance the Edmonds Marsh.
For further information, contact us at: Save.the.Edmonds.Marsh@gmail.com
Edmonds Marsh reviews
Edmonds Marsh is a small park and wetland tucked behind a business park near the Edmonds waterfront. The few interpretive signs are interesting and informative. It is a little hard to find and has a..... more »
Cudos to the city of Edmonds for preserving and restoring at least a part of the important Edmonds Marsh, which is a rare brackish-water marsh packed with birds (I saw at least eight great blue... more »
While waiting for the ferry, it is a nice peaceful place to contemplate you life in the universe. Perhaps you will see a beautiful bird, but more likely to see people running for a restroom.
We liked it here, but didn't end up seeing too many critters, even while trying hard to locate them. Nice, easily accessible walk.
Build a tripTell us where and when you
want to go, we will build
the best sightseeing itinerary
Refine itYou have complete flexibility on your destinations and itinerary
Book as a packageUse our travel agents to get
package savings and hassle free booking
Enjoy your trip!Enjoy our 24x7
Popular things to do in Edmonds
Side trips from Edmonds
Trips in Edmonds by other users
2 days in Edmonds, Louisiana & Sanford BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Edmonds · Baton Rouge · Sanford 12 days in Edmonds & Seattle BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Edmonds · Seattle 15 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Tacoma · Eugene · Boulder 4 days in Edmonds BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Hurricane Ridge · Cascadia Art Museum · Picnic Point Park 8 days in Seattle & Edmonds BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Seattle · Edmonds 10 days in Seattle & Edmonds BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Seattle · Edmonds