©

Roche trip planner

Create a fully customized
day-by-day itinerary for free

Build your own package
+ Add destination
2 adults
Adults
- +
Teens
- +
Kids
- +
Close
Trip Planner Europe  /  Switzerland  /  Canton of Vaud  /  Roche

Roche

4.3
Roche is a municipality in the canton of Vaud in Switzerland, located in the district of Aigle.HistoryRoche is first mentioned in 1177 as Rochi.GeographyRoche has an area, of 6.44km2. Of this area, 3.28km2 or 50.9% is used for agricultural purposes, while 1.92km2 or 29.8% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 1.1km2 or 17.1% is settled (buildings or roads), 0.05km2 or 0.8% is either rivers or lakes and 0.06km2 or 0.9% is unproductive land.Of the built up area, industrial buildings made up 1.7% of the total area while housing and buildings made up 4.7% and transportation infrastructure made up 6.2%. Power and water infrastructure as well as other special developed areas made up 4.0% of the area Out of the forested land, all of the forested land area is covered with heavy forests. Of the agricultural land, 45.8% is used for growing crops and 4.0% is pastures, while 1.1% is used for orchards or vine crops. All the water in the municipality is flowing water.The municipality is located in the Aigle district, in the Rhone valley at the foot of Mont d'Arvel and along the banks of the Eau Froide gelegen. It consists of the village of Roche and the hamlets of Bez. Aigle, in der Rhoneebene am Fuss des Mont d'Arvel und am Ufer der Eau Froide gelegen.Coat of armsThe blazon of the municipal coat of arms is Per pale Argent and Azure, a base chevrony irregular per pale Vert and Sable, a pine tree Vert and a Chamois proper.
Roche is in Canton of Vaud. Discover how to plan a Switzerland trip in just a few steps with Inspirock's itinerary builder.
Source
Create a full itinerary — for free!
  • Build a plan

    Tell us where and when you
    want to go, we will build
    the best sightseeing itinerary
  • Refine it

    You have complete flexibility on your destinations and itinerary
  • Book as a package

    Use our travel agents to get
    package savings and hassle free booking
  • Enjoy your trip!

    Enjoy our 24x7
    on-trip assistance

Popular things to do in Roche

4.3
Duration: 1​h 30​min

Side trips from Roche

4.8
Duration: 1​h 30​min
4.2
Duration: 1​h 30​min
3.2
Duration: 1​h 30​min
4.8
Duration: 1​h 30​min