Fort de Mutzig is located in Dangolsheim. Before you head to Dangolsheim, plan trip itinerary details with our user-friendly Dangolsheim day trip website, to make sure you see all that Dangolsheim has to offer, including Fort de Mutzig.
Fort de Mutzig reviews
A Gigant fortress built by Kaiser Wilhelm 2 at the turn of the Century Tons of Beton concrete and steel Only a small part is covered by a tour , but this is already extensive (2hr) so the size is..... more »
I visited this wonderful place of history with the help of a local named Gary who I can not locate. A wonderful experience more »
It was an amazing experience to visit the fortress. The building is in a very good condition and the staff is very nice. If you want to have an incredible journey, go to the English guided tour by Dorothea. She explained everything in a very understandable way, was very funny and made the whole tour extremely enjoyable. I think it is worth the price and the time to visit this place. :)
There wasn't an English speaking tour guide available, but they did offer a very good tour aid written in English, and we managed to join a French Tour that had only just started. The areas for exhibit are in remarkable good condition. BEWARE: the very first steep tunnel you need to take can be VERY SLIPPERY! The tour guide told us this, but without my husband to translate, I would have bowled over the rest of our group behind me. There are plain bricks to either side of the smooth pavers in the middle of the path (this makes sense when you see it), WALK ON THE PLAIN BRICKS! Future slanted tunnels were far less likely to be so treacherous, but it's sound advice for the whole thing as the tunnels often have water leaking in, and we went on a dry, sunny day. TAKE A SWEATER! It can be quite cold in the tunnels, you'll be going on a subterranean tour! Only a sweater, though, as there is plenty of walking, and as you make your way back towards the exit, you begin to feel quite warm. DO NOT WANDER OFF! Only 10% of the tunnels have been converted to a public exhibit. The remaining 90% belongs to the ACTIVE MILITARY INSTALLATION on the site! I didn't test those boundaries, but it probably doesn't end well should you find your way to someone working there. Overall, it's an amazing view of turn of the century innovation. No bunkers had been built like this, and these were the first to employ electricity allowing many capabilities never before dreamed of in the sort.
Build a tripTell us where and when you
want to go, we will build
the best sightseeing itinerary
Refine itYou have complete flexibility on your destinations and itinerary
Book as a packageUse our travel agents to get
package savings and hassle free booking
Enjoy your trip!Enjoy our 24x7
Trips to Fort de Mutzig by other users
10 days in France & Germany BY A USER FROM SAUDI ARABIA Paris Strasbourg Baden-Baden 6 days in Strasbourg, Rust & Nancy BY A USER FROM FRANCE Strasbourg Rust Nancy 14 days in Alsace BY A USER FROM POLAND Guebwiller Le Hohwald Saverne 1 day in Strasbourg BY A USER FROM GERMANY Parc de l'Orangerie La Petite France Fort de Mutzig 18 days in Alsace BY A USER FROM THE NETHERLANDS Strasbourg Mulhouse 19 days in Germany & Upper Rhine Valley BY A USER FROM CROATIA Berlin Rothenburg Baden-Baden