• Parrys Beach Salmon is a team of 5 local professional fisherman, that fish for Australian salmon – using traditional, selective and highly sustainable fishing methods.Arrange your visit to Parry Beach and discover more family-friendly attractions in Denmark using our Denmark trip itinerary tool.
• The team and their families live and fish at Parrys Beach 22kms west of Denmark, during the salmon season. (Typically feb-april)
• We currently supply whole freshly caught Australian Salmon to the local communities of Denmark, mt barker and Albany.
• We are also able to supply commercial quantities to markets or companies as required.
• When prepared and cooked correctly, Australian salmon can be a great alternative to the highly priced (and sometimes over fished table fish) at a fraction of the cost.
• Australian salmon is jam packed in health benefits – including omega 3 fatty acids, essential vitamins and minerals and also a great source of protein.
PARRYS BEACH WAS FIRST USED FOR SALMON FISHING IN 1947 AFTER AN AGREEMENT WITH HUNTS CANNERY (ALBANY) AND THE LATE BILL PINNINGER.
WITH THE AGREEMENT IN HAND, BILL PINNINGER AND OTHERS CREATED AN ACCESS TRACK, THAT IS NOW KNOWN AS PARRY BEACH RD. BILL’S SON, LES PINNINGER STILL OPERATES THE FISHING LICENSE AND THE LAST OF THE ORIGINAL HUTS ARE STILL USED TODAY BY THE CURRENT FAMILIES.
BACK THEN, THERE WERE 3 TEAMS WITH UP TO 22 MEN IN TOTAL, THAT FISHED AND LIVED AT PARRYS SALMON CAMP SUPPLYING FISH TO THE CANNERY.
FOR THE LAST 70 YEARS SALMON CAUGHT FROM PARRYS BEACH HAS BEEN SUPPLIED TO A RANGE OF MARKETS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION AND THE MOST WELL KNOWN PRODUCT IS PECKS FISH PASTE.
DUE TO THE DECLINE IN COMMERCIAL MARKETS, PARRYS BEACH SALMON IS ONE OF THE LAST BEACHES ON THE SOUTH COAST STILL FISHING FOR AUSTRALIAN SALMON.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FUTURE PARRYS BEACH SALMON IS DEDICATED TO GETTING AUSTRALIAN SALMON BACK ON TO THE PLATES OF AUSTRALIAN FAMILIES!!!
Create an itinerary including Parry Beach
Parry Beach reviews
Parry’s beach is my favourite spot to camp, right on the beaches edge and with clear skies the night sky is incredible. Great for fishing and 4x4 more »
This camp site gets booked out in busy times so arrive early to get a spot. Lots of trees makes for nice shady areas with the beach a 30seconds walk away. Plenty of people catching fish and they... more »
Build a tripTell us where and when you
want to go, we will build
the best sightseeing itinerary
Refine itYou have complete flexibility on your destinations and itinerary
Book as a packageUse our travel agents to get
package savings and hassle free booking
Enjoy your trip!Enjoy our 24x7
Popular things to do in Denmark
Side trips from Denmark
Hidden gems in Denmark
Wineries in Denmark
Kid-friendly things to do in Denmark
Trips to Parry Beach by other users
31 days in Albany BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA National Anzac Centre Mount Clarence Parklands Convoy Lookout 4 days in Pemberton BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Beer Tastings & Tours Cowboy Up Trail Rides Warren National Park 36 days in Australia BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Longreach Denmark Perth 60 days in Denmark BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Tree Top Walk Elephant Rocks Greens Pool 24 days in Western Australia BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Denmark Bremer Bay Esperance 27 days in Albany BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Mustafa Kemal Ataturk Naturaliste Charters Princess Royal Fortress