Trip Planner: South Pacific / Australia / Australian Capital Territory / Canberra / Strathnairn Arts
Strathnairn Arts is located on the western fringe of Belconnen, based at a rural property which has been used as an art site since the late 1970s.Put Strathnairn Arts into our Canberra route maker tool to see other points of interest to visit during your vacation in Canberra.
Over the decades, it has provided children's programs, community art projects and the development of artist studios and facilities. It is a membership based organisation managed by a board, with supporting funding from Arts ACT.
For information about membership, artist in residence programs, exhibition applications and facilities, please visit our website.
Strathnairn members have access to our facilities including the ceramic kilns, the Foundry, and the paper making facilities. They are also able to hire the Village Hall and the Woolshed at members’ rates.
We also provide ongoing use of the facilities to community and art groups. The Village Hall and Woolshed are available for hire in five hour blocks or full day use. Please contact us if you are interested in using the Woolshed, Village Hall or our other facilities with your group. We are dedicated to engaging with our local community to provide public access to art making.
Our facilities can also be hired to run workshops or events in. For further information, please see the webpage for the facility you are considering or contact email@example.com or phone 6254 2134 (Thurs - Sat) to speak to our Program coordinator.
Strathnairn Arts facilities include:
• An established gallery with a strong nationally recognised program
• Seventeen kilns, including five electric kilns, two gas kilns through to an Olsen wood-fired kiln plus associated furniture
• The only publicly accessible Bronze foundry in Australia
• A fully equipped papermaking facility
• The Woolshed – an Australian archetype providing a space for shows, workshops and events
• Village Hall – a purpose built art space flooded with natural light
• Twenty studios providing working spaces to wide range of professional visual artists
• A unique setting on the rural fringe of Canberra near the Murrumbidgee River where local volunteer dedication to rehabilitating the site has made it a bird hotspot. Our collection of site specific environmental art and sculptures form the basis of our dedicated Sculpture Walk. The Brindabellas provide a dramatic backdrop to the property.
Strathnairn Arts reviews
We went to the cafe for lunch, we rang ahead to book and were asked to arrive before noon. We were the first to be seated. We ordered and two excellent coffees soon arrived. Its a lovely space... more »
Had a great day at the Strathnairn Gallery for the opening of the Twitter Art Exhibition. A nice location, friendly staff and great art. more »
Great place to be for relax outing. Fabulous cafe nice choices on the menu and specials. Lots of vegetarian options, nice coffee, homemade cakes just excellent. We went with our children's and they we're enjoyed outdoor open space. Beautiful art work in the gallery and nice walk around the property. Strongly suggested. Will be back.
An artist's display gallery, with a change of local talents, amateur and professional alike.
Build a tripTell us where and when you
want to go, we will build
the best sightseeing itinerary
Refine itYou have complete flexibility on your destinations and itinerary
Book as a packageUse our travel agents to get
package savings and hassle free booking
Enjoy your trip!Enjoy our 24x7
Popular things to do in Canberra
Nature in Canberra
Hidden gems in Canberra
Side trips from Canberra
Historic Sites in Canberra
Trips to Strathnairn Arts by other users
3 days in Canberra BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Parliament of Australia Canberra Glassworks Scott Leggo Gallery 60 days in Australia BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Sydney Launceston St Helens 33 days in Canberra BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA High Court of Australia National Gallery of Australia Old Parliament House 32 days in Australia, South Korea & Japan BY A USER FROM BRAZIL Melbourne Canberra Leura 29 days in Australia BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Sydney Port Macquarie Canberra 29 days in Australia BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Sydney Leura Canberra